Government Agencies


View All 

Upcoming Meetings

Past Meetings

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I receive an address for a parcel of land?
    A copy of your deed and legal description is needed, and a survey drawing, while not necessary, is helpful in establishing an address. Stop by our office with these documents, and we will issue you an address. There is no cost for this, and no appointment is needed, just stop by during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday).Please note that the Planning Commission Office assigns addresses for all parcels in the unincorporated area of the county, as well as for some villages. The Planning Commission also assigns location addresses to all platted subdivisions in Wood County.

    If you are unsure who issues the address, contact our office at 419-354-9128. Please also note that we can only assign addresses to the person or entity that is the record owner of the parcel.
  • Are Planning Commission meetings open to the public?
    Yes, the meetings are open to the public, and the public is encouraged to attend.If you have questions regarding a particular item on our agenda, or need to find out meeting locations, dates, and times, please contact our Office at 419-354-9128 and we will be glad to provide you with this information.
  • I would like to receive US Census Data regarding Wood County, how do I go about doing so?
    The Planning Commission Office is the local office in charge of storing and compiling all United States Census Data regarding Wood County. Please contact our Office at 419-354-9128 for this information.
View All